Top 5 benefits of Dance
1. Improved Self-Image. With so many young girls these days struggling to know who they are and who they want to be, Esteem Dance in Draper has a first priority goal of teaching students to set positive goals and work hard to achieve them. This sense of accomplishment helps our students to realize that they can truly do anything they set their minds to and that they don’t need to pretend to be someone they’re not in order to impress others. Our dancers know they are beautiful and amazing just the way they are.
2. Improved concentration. There are many studies showing a link between physical arts like dance and increased concentration and memory. Esteem Dance teaches challenging and fun routines to our students so they want to learn, and through that process, they learn how to learn! Each student is different and as they train with us, they learn what are the most effective ways for themselves to learn. Of course, that skill transfers directly to performance in school and other activities.
3. Cultivating positive relationships. The culture at Esteem Dance is purposely designed to be inclusive and accepting. We frequently talk with our dancers about the importance of treating others with respect and expecting it in return. Through the process of continually reminding them of this important practice, dancers learn to look past the unimportant and see others for who they really are- amazing individuals who have a lot to contribute, strengths, flaws, and all.
4. Healthy habits. Obesity is an ever-growing problem in this country and its effects are becoming more and more prevalent. This epidemic is part of the reason health care costs are so high. Imagine if more people in our country did a little more to eat healthy, earth-grown nutrients and put a little more time into doing what our bodies were meant to do- MOVE! Esteem Dance is committed to seeing our students grow into happy, healthy, successful people- not just on the competition floor, but in all aspects of their lives. Students learn early the value of self discipline when it comes to taking care of themselves and those habits become life-changing and lifelong.
5. The value of hard work. Successful adults know that nothing in life comes free, and it certainly doesn’t come just because you want it. Esteem Dance has been teaching our students in Sandy and Draper for almost ten years that you get out of life exactly what you put into it. Our students learn by experience the exhilaration of working hard for a goal and seeing it materialize. We are confident that our dancers will take this skill with them as they move on to college, future employment, and future interactions with their families.
Esteem Dance has worked with hundreds of girls in Sandy and Draper over the years and has been fortunate to see many, many successes outside of the dance world as a result of our personal development teaching. If you’d like to come and see the difference at Esteem Dance, please give us a call at (801)898-4044 or email us at email@example.com. We guarantee you won’t find more caring, involved teachers or staff anywhere. We would love the opportunity to show you how we empower lives through dance.